An easy peasy hummus recipe. Nuff said.
- 2 cups canned garbanzo beans, drained (of course dumbass)
- 1/3 cup tahini paste (W00t whole foods!)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tbsp diced roasted red bell peppers
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1-2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, plucked fresh from your garden, then minced
- Place the garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, salt and garlic in a blender or food processor. Pulse until mostly broken up. Scrape with a rubber spatla, pulse a few times. I like my hummus with some texture left so the idea is to blend as will as possible without over doing it. Transfer mixture to a serving bowl. Despite the picture, shallow is good.
- Drizzle olive oil over the garbanzo bean mixture. Add diced roasted bell peppers. Sprinkle with paprika, toasted pine nuts and parsley.