So I have been craving this all day since I talked with my buddy Ali about different kinds of curry I enjoy and my newly attained Kaffir Lime tree from Four Winds Growers.
While their site was difficult to actually figure out HOW to buy the tree, at least for me, the shipping and received product made it more than worth the effort. The tree came with a great little booklet to get you started, and it has already doubled in size since I got it. I know I will get my moneys worth just from the bounty it will provide me this summer, and I hope to give it refuge indoors over the winter, to begin the process anew next spring. Time will tell if I have what it takes to keep this little guy alive. *fingers crossed*
So this is a very simple recipe but still one of my favorites. So here goes:
- 1 tbs chopped ginger
- 4-5 medium sized garlic cloves chopped
- 1.5 lbs skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large onion
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 can of Maesri red curry paste
- 1 can of JFC Coconut milk (seriously, don’t buy that Goya shit anymore)
- 2 cups of freshly rendered chicken stock from last nights carcass… (or whatever you have)
- 6 kaffir lime leaves (2-3 for mere mortals)
- Pop the onions, garlic and ginger in some olive oil on med high and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the curry paste and walk it around the pan a bit to get the garlic and kaffir lime rind all happy
- Add your chicken and stir, cooking just enough to lock in the chickeny goodness
- Add everything else, stir and put on med high until it starts to simmer
- Once simmering drop down to low and let that bad boy stew for about 20 minutes.
- Thats it. See…I told you it was easy