This was prepared as a dinner for two. Adjust accordingly
- 1lb ground beef/veal/lamb mixture (sells as meatloaf mix)
- salt pepper to taste
- 2 ciabatta rolls
- 2 thick Vidalia onion slices
- 1/2 ripe avocado, sliced
- 4-6 slices of pickled beet
- 2-3 leaves of green leaf lettuce
- 2-4 nice tomato slices
- favorite seedy brown mustard to taste
- Mayo to taste
- Catsup to taste
- 2 fried eggs
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar
- Salt and pepper ground meat to taste and form into two patties. Add burgers and onion slices to grill and cook to desired doneness, adding cheese to the patties at the last minute while still hot. Allow to rest for 5 minutes after removing from grill.
- While burgers are cooking fry the two eggs in a bit of oil/butter/spray/favorite lube over easy. Since you wont be eating the immediately I turn off heat after flipping and remove from burner but allowing pan to finish the other side. Setting aside and allowing to cool a bit will ensure thick yummy yolk on your burger.
- Lightly toast ciabatta rolls and slice for bun usage.
- Assemble and enjoy. If you squeeze down on the burger and hear a slight pop of the yolk you will know its perfect.